Some of the best open source email marketing tools are:
- Send Blaster
- GNU Mailman
Send Blaster is a highly customizable email marketing tool. You can modify the email template and layout as per your requirements. To aid new and inexperienced users, Send Blaster offers an entire library of email templates that are organized in categories depending on the event, subscribers, and responses.
Key Features of Send Blaster
- Integration with Google Analytics.
- Importing contacts in the Send Blaster database is simple.
- Can handle bounce backs and blacklisting.
- Tracks receiver behavior.
- Offers easily customizable fields.
OpenEMM - Along with the customization, OpenEMM offers a user-friendly user-interface (UI) that makes running a marketing campaign a breeze. It has an effective bounce back management system to prevent any delivery failures. Link and email tracking offered by OpenEMM gives an insight into customer behavior.
Key Features of OpenEMM
- The fluid UI is available in various languages such as English, French, and Spanish.
- No capping on the mailing list, number of subscribers, and number of emails.
- Real-time data analytics presented in visual graphs and charts.
- Allows third-party integration for added features and functionalities.
- Offers target group management.
- Data import and export is automated.
Mautic is a big name in the field of email marketing. It has proven to be effective in finding and generating leads that increase the conversion rates. Due to the involvement of cutting edge technology for automation, Mautic makes the entire marketing campaign seamless. From task management to response units, everything works like a well-oiled, automated machine.
Key Features of Mautic
- Optimized for the mobile platform.
- No sending limit on mass email marketing.
- Is compatible with third-party solutions.
- Generates detailed and elaborate campaign reports.
- Offers automated responses based on the user’s decision.
- Customizable budgeting available.
GNU Mailman is a good way for small businesses to get into email marketing. Even though it offers basic features, they are rather simple to use and implement. The UI is less fancy but it does its job effectively. The robust subscriber management system allows the user to implement automation and schedule emails.
Key Features of GNU Mailman
● Allows content filtering.
● Seamless integration with Google Analytics.
● Bounce back management and follow-up.
● Offers data and message archiving.
● Great tool for beginners.
Mailtrain packs automation with the feature of data analytics. It is best suited for large organizations that are reaching out to a million subscribers.
Key Features of MailTrain
- Allows manual entry or automatic importing of contacts from CSV.
- Merge tags allow users to incorporate additional features such as custom fields, numbers, checkboxes, text fields, and drop down menu.
- Offers feature to set filters and categorize subscribers into targeted segments.
- Has the option to create a landing page for actions such as ‘Unsubscribe’.
- Additional services such as SparkPost, Mailgun, SendGrid, etc. that support SMTP protocol can be integrated with Mailtrain.